Which flea and tick treatment is best for dogs?
- Best Overall: NexGard Soft Chew for Dogs at Chewy.
- Best Oral: Bravecto Chews for Dogs at Chewy.
- Best Shampoo: Adams Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo at Chewy.
- Best Natural: Wondercide Flea & Tick Spray at Chewy.
- Best for Small Dogs: Sentry Fiproguard Plus for Small Dogs at Chewy.
- Best for Large Dogs:
- Best for Puppies:
What can you put on dogs to prevent fleas and ticks? Lavender, lemongrass and geranium repel ticks, and lavender, lemongrass, peppermint and citronella keeps fleas away. And if your dog wears a collar, just put a drop of lemon or rosemary oil fend off fleas and ticks.
Which dog flea and tick control is the safest? If chemical products are necessary for additional flea or tick control, NRDC recommends s-methoprene or pyriproxyfen, which are less toxic ingredients—but read the labels carefully because some products use them with other, more harmful pesticides.
Do dogs really need flea and tick medicine? The answer is yes, flea and tick preventatives need to be applied year-round in order to keep your pets safe. Read on to learn more about how fleas and ticks operate, the dangers they can harbor, and how best to protect your dogs and cats.