Where should a puppy sleep the first night? On the first night, and for about three weeks, have the puppy sleep in a dog crate next to the bed. Line the base with blankets so that it is cosy and drape another blanket over the top to help it feel more secure. Give the puppy the stuffed toy that has its littermates’ scent on it to snuggle up to.
What do I do with my new puppy the first day?
- Limit your puppy’s access.
- Choose a potty spot.
- Introduce him to his new family.
- Minimize stress and excitement.
- Introduce other family pets.
- Don’t interact with dogs outside your home.
- Start enforcing rules.
- Make a veterinary appointment.
How do you survive the first 24 hours with a new puppy?
- Let Them Explore (While Supervised)
- Keep It Low Key.
- Start Using Your Dog’s Name Right Away.
- Play, Play, Play.
- Start Crate Training Right Away.
- Let Them Take Naps, But Not Too Close to Bedtime.
- Wake Up & Take Them Out Every 3-4 Hours.
Is the first week with a puppy the hardest? The first month of owning a puppy is probably the hardest, and knowing what to expect and help you to decide whether you are ready, and let you know what you are in for!