What can you put on dog wounds? Apply an antibacterial ointment to the wound. Triple antibiotic ointments containing bacitracin, neomycin, and polymyxin B are widely available. AVOID any product that contains a corticosteroid like hydrocortisone.
What is the fastest way to heal an open wound on a dog? Following up by keeping your dog’s wound clean and covered with antibacterial liquid will speed up the healing process. With all of these factors, your dog’s wound will heal fast. Stock your dog’s first aid kit with an antimicrobial liquid that doesn’t sting or cause irritation.
How can I treat my dogs wound at home?
- Stop the bleeding. If the wound is bleeding, put a clean towel or cloth over the wound and apply light pressure.
- Clean the wound.
- Remove any foreign objects with tweezers.
- Disinfect the wound.
- Cover up the wound with a bandage.
- Consider an E-collar.
How do you heal an open wound on a dog naturally?
- Clean cuts, abrasions, or wounds with skin-soothing herbal teas or an herb-vinegar rinse.
- Spray or apply skin-healing hydrosols, essential oil blends, salves, or other topical products that stimulate cell growth, fight infection, and speed repair.