What can I cook for my older dog?
Brown Rice, Turkey and Veggies
- 1 lb ground turkey.
- 2 cups brown rice.
- 1 tsp dried rosemary.
- ½ package frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower (or chop two cups of fresh vegetables and cook them for about four minutes until they’re just starting to get tender but still firm)
- 6 cups water.
What is the best thing to feed an old dog?
What foods do vets recommend for older dogs? Here are 6 options, plus, what makes them so good:
- Eukanuba Senior Small Breed Dry Dog Food.
- Iams ProActive Health Healthy Aging Senior Dry Dog Food.
- Hill’s Science Diet Dry Food Food for Senior Dogs.
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Natural Senior Dry Dog Food.
What homemade food is good for dogs?
If you prefer to feed your dog a mixture of kibble with add-ins, some good options would be:
- a whole egg (you can give it raw or you can cook it)
- a can of cooked salmon.
- mixed vegetables raw or steamed.
- a small portion of cottage cheese or yogurt.
- leafy greens such as kale or spinach (helps to digest the kibble)
What human food can I feed my senior dog?
Human foods that are safe for dogs include:
- Carrots. Share on Pinterest Some human foods are safe for dogs to eat.
- Apples. Apples provide many important vitamins for dogs, including vitamins A and C.
- White rice.
- Dairy products.
- Peanut butter.
- Plain popcorn.