Is dehydrated chicken good for dogs?
Choosing the best meats to dehydrate as dog treats.
Is homemade dehydrated chicken safe for dogs? It’s helpful to set your dehydrator as high as it will go. You’ll see a lot of recipes that call for 145°F degrees. Unfortunately, this is not a safe dehydrating temperature for chicken. And even feeding it to your dog, YOU are handling that meat.
Can you dehydrate raw chicken? Meats, fruits and vegetables can be dehydrated and do not need refrigeration. Chicken can be seasoned as desired and dehydrated in dried or jerky form.
How do you dehydrate meat for dogs?
- Trim excess fat from raw chicken breast.
- Wash and pat dry.
- Slice meat, making each slice approx. 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick.
- Arrange slices on dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate at between 155F and 160F (68-70C) for 8 – 12 hours.
- Bake in regular oven for further 10 mins at min. temp of 175F**