How do you take care of a puppy for the first time?
- Find a Good Vet. The first place you and your new puppy should go together is, you guessed it, straight to the vet for a checkup.
- Make the Most of Your First Vet Visit.
- Shop for Quality Food.
- Establish a Bathroom Routine.
- Watch For Early Signs of Illness.
- Teach Obedience.
- Be Sociable.
- 5 Ways to Care for Your Pet’s Teeth.
How do I take care of my puppy first night at home?
- Give them a comforting blanket or towel.
- Set up a safe puppy zone.
- Stock up on food.
- Puppy-proof your home.
- Prepare your car for safe puppy travels.
- Bring a co-pilot along.
- Shop for puppy supplies.
How long does it take for a puppy to get used to a new home? There are some things we can do to help them settle and feel safe in those first few days. Keep in mind though, that it generally takes about three weeks for a dog or puppy to start to feel ‘at home’ and to show their true nature. This is an activity you should do before you get your dog or puppy home.
What is the best thing to do with a new puppy?
- Sniff Out The Treat!
- Puzzle Games, Snuffle Mats, and Food-Dispensing Toys.
- Practice Obedience Training.
- Teach Your Pup “Go Find”
- Teach Your Puppy Toy Names.
- Reinforce Your Puppy’s Recall.