How can I improve my dogs dental health?
- Brush your dog’s teeth to prevent a build up of plaque.
- Feed your dog a special dental diet.
- Buy your dog dental toys and treats.
- Treat your dog to a mouthwash.
- Visit the vet if your dog has dental disease.
How can I tell if my dogs teeth are healthy? Checking in on your dog’s gums and teeth every few weeks will help you know what’s going on in their mouth. Their gums should be pink. If they are white, red, or swollen, you might want to schedule a visit to the vet. Their teeth should be clean without brown tartar buildup.
What is good for dogs teeth and gums?
- Bee propolis. Bee propolis has significant anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial benefits.
- Bones (raw, not cooked)
- Coenzyme Q10.
- Grapefruit seed extract (GSE)
- Green tea.
How do you know if your dog’s teeth need cleaning?
- Bad breath.
- Loose, broken or badly decayed teeth.
- Extra teeth or retained baby teeth.
- Brown or yellow teeth.
- Obvious signs of tartar buildup.
- Abnormal drooling.
- Chewing, or dropping food from their mouth.