How can I get cheap heartworms? You can prevent heartworm disease by using the same medication that is sold by the drug companies for a fraction of the price. If you have a large dog, you can order the generic ivermectin from Amazon.com. (I have large dogs, so this is the form of ivermectin that I give them to prevent heartworm disease.)
What is the least expensive heartworm preventative?
- Generic Heartgard Plus (Ivermectin & Pyrantel) $15.95.
- Preventer Plus (Milbemycin oxime & Lufenuron) $21.95.
- Heartgard Plus Chewables. $29.95.
- Generic Advantage Multi (Imidacloprid & Moxidectin) $39.95.
- Generic Revolution for Cats. $49.95.
- Revolution for Cats & Dogs.
- Advantage Multi (Advocate)
- NexGard Spectra.
What to do if you cant afford heartworm treatment? You should talk to your veterinarian and ask about all of your different options, and you could also try contacting rescue groups in your area to see if there are any that could help with heartworm treatment. You also may want to look into Care Credit (carecredit.com).
How much does it cost to have a dog treated for heartworm? The average cost of heartworm treatment for dogs is often around $1,000. However, it can range from $500 to $1,100 or even more depending mainly on the size of your dog, veterinary bills, and the stage of the disease.